Sunday, July 6, 2008

TBABJ Conference Call at 6 p.m. Monday (July 7) to Talk UNITY

Members and friends of the Tampa Bay Association of Black Journalists --

As promised, I have set up a conference call for 6 p.m. Monday (July 7) for chapter members to conduct final discussions before meeting in Chicago for the UNITY conference and our kickoff party there July 26.

So an unlimited number of members can sit in on the call, I've set up an account with the FreeConnect.com teleconferencing service. The only catch here, is that you must call a 218 number, in Duluth, Minn. in order to be part of the call. I've already checked, and it shouldn't cost more than a standard long distance call to that state.

So I would like everyone who is interested in helping us with final preparations for Chicago to please call 218-339-2699, and enter the conference code 394638. that should gain you entrance into our conference line.

If there is a problem, please call me on my cellphone at 727-642-8907. I have information on using the St. Pete Times conference call system as a fall back. But it only can accomodate eight lines, and I worry that may not be enough.

I hope to update you all on talent for our party, items for the goody bags, flyers to promote the events and more. If you have taken responsibility for any aspect of the event, please make an effort to be on the call or contact me with an update that UI can pass along to everyone else.

Hope to talk with you soon tomorrow. Feel free to call or email anytime if you need to speak sooner...

Eric Deggans
President, Tampa Bay Association of Black Journalists
Chair, NABJ Media Monitoring Committee
TV/Media Critic, St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times
www.tbabj.com
(727) 893-8521

No comments: